Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I wrote this when we didn't have internet

We moved into the apartment today, and yeah, this is a prettyyyy ghetto area. There is a drive-thru liquor store and three black dudes selling barbeque turkey legs out of a van on the sidewalk like two blocks from our place. I also saw a woman riding a bike with her kid in the basket. There are literally like nine churches within three blocks of here.
BUT the barbeque turkey guys seem really nice, and some random lady waved at me from her house. There seems to be a lot of really fucking crazy people here (like the guy with the cane who asked me and Lindsay if we spoke Spanish and started crying when we said we didn’t, then started laughing maniacally) but there are even more people who are incredibly friendly.

Someone from the New Mexico Gas Company was supposed to come turn on the gas today, but he didn’t show up, so now we’ll have to shower in semi-warm water (thank God it’s like 35 degrees outside) until that gets taken care of. It’s not a total loss, though, because I can definitely use several cold showers due to living around THRONGS of Hispanic dudes who I can’t bang because they’re probably in gangs and I promised everyone I’d be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment